- Application Forms
You may submit a planning application on line here. We use the eTrakit system. All applicants must complete the online application form and attach any applicable supplemental questionnaires, plans and information. Please contact us at email@example.com or (415) 258-4617 if you have any questions. Applicants are encouraged to email plans to us for preliminary review prior to submitting.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR A PLANNING PROJECT Instructions
Planning Fee Schedule 2021-2022 (we will contact you with the total application fee and payment link after you apply)
Fill out the online application and attach the required materials which normally include at minimum:
- Supplemental Application (facts for required findings), below
- Hazardous Waste and Substance Statement
- Other required information (see Residential Project Planning Application Checklist)
Once the information is received by staff, we will review the documents submitted and send you an invoice, written instructions, and the link to pay online (or you may mail/drop off a check at Town Hall).
Please Note: an application is not "submitted" until after the fees are paid.
Once the payment has been received, staff will review the project to determine if it is complete. We send most projects to the Building Department, Public Works Department, Ross Valley Fire Department, Marin Municipal Water District and Ross Valley Sanitary District for review. This review for completeness may take up to 30 days.
Existing and Proposed Conditions (Word format) - to place on project plans
Residential Above 150 Mean Sea Level
Residential Below 150 Mean Sea Level
Nonresidential and Multifamily Zoning Districts
Submit these supplemental forms with facts to support the required findings.
SB 330 Preliminary Application Checklist for Housing Projects With limited exceptions, housing developments will only be subject to those ordinances and policies in effect when the completed preliminary application is submitted.
Residential Design Review
- Project within an R-1, R-2, and R-3 Zones Below 150 Mean Sea Level (flatland) Design Review (Fill-able PDF)
- Project within an R-1-H, R-1-C, and R-1 Above 150 Mean Sea Level (hillside) Design Review(Fill-able PDF)
Commercial Design Review
- Floor Area Exception Above 150 Mean Sea Level (Fill-able PDF)
- Floor Area Exception Below 150 Mean Sea Level (Fill-able PDF)
- Design Review for an addition between 8 and 5 feet of the property line (Fill-able PDF)
Grading Permit for Grading Over 100 Cubic Yards
- Grading Permit (Planning Commission review)
Other Supplemental Questionnaires and Forms
- Conditional Use Permit
- Certificate of Compliance
- Demolition Permit
- Density Bonus (projects with 5 or more units)
- Lot Line Adjustment
- Lot Merger Application
- Minor Exception
- Reasonable Accommodation
- Sign Permit
- Sign Variance
- Wireless Checklist and Section 6409 Modification Worksheet for Base Stations and Wireless Facility Emergency Generator worksheet
Other Forms and Permits and Handouts
- ADU and JADU Information Sheet
- Basic Rules for R-1 Single Family Sites (updated to 3/9/22)
- Neighbor Acknowledgment Form
- Banner Permit - see Recreation Department Permits
- Tree Removal Permit - see Public Works Department Permits
- Use Proposal for Commercial District and Home Businesses (see pages 4 and 5)
- Residential Chicken Keeping Permit
- Diagram of a "story"
- Measurement of Wall Height for Accessory Dwelling Units within standard setbacks
- All Design Review Findings
- SB 9- Urban Lot Split
- SB 9- Two Unit Development
- SB 9- Information Handout