- Election 2020
Town of San Anselmo Municipal Elections
The next Town of San Anselmo General Municipal Election will be held on November 3, 2020.
Resolution Calling Election
Registering to Vote
You can obtain a hard-copy voter registration form in the Library at Town Hall or you can register to vote via the Marin County Registrar of Voters.
If you are interested in running for local office, the first day a candidate can pull papers is Monday, July 13, 2020, through Friday, August 7, 2020, 5:00 p.m. This period of time is called the nomination period and it extends to Wednesday, August 12, 2020, 5 p.m. if an incumbent does not file for re-election by Friday, August 7, 2020, 5:00 p.m. (Elections Code 10225).
Due to COVID-19, in order to practice social-distancing, All candidates will be required to make an appointment with the Clerk’s Office to obtain and file nomination papers; and masks will be required. Contact the Town Clerk at email@example.com.
Qualifications for Office
- Every candidate shall:
- Be a U.S. citizen. (Cal. Const., art. IV, § 2(c)1)
- 18 years of age by Election Day
- Be a registered voter in the Town of San Anselmo at the time nomination papers are issued. (Elections Code §201)
- Eligible to take the Oath of Office
- Not have been convicted of a felony involving accepting or giving, or offering to give, any bribe, the embezzlement of public money, extortion or theft of public money, perjury, or conspiracy to commit any of those crimes. (Elections Code §20)
Key Election Dates
|July 13 - Aug 7, 2020||Candidate nomination period is open|
|Aug 13, 2020||Randomized alphabet drawing by Secretary of State|
|Sept 19, 2020||Pre-Election sign period starts|
|Sept 24, 2020||1st Pre-Election Campaign Statement (period covering 7/1/20-9/19/20)|
|Oct 22, 2020||2nd Pre-Election Campaign Statement (period covering 9/20/20-10/17/20)|
|Nov 3, 2020||ELECTION DAY|
|Nov 8, 2020||Pre-election sign period ends and additional signage must be removed|