Your San Anselmo Library now has a Roku Express Player available to borrow and stream Kanopy, Hoopla, and to watch your favorite movies and TV shows. Roku devices allow you to stream and watch content on your TV instead of on a laptop or mobile device. Visit the Reference Desk for more information or to check out the Roku Device.
Guidelines for Borrowing and Use
- Roku devices lent out by the Library through its Take & Make collection may only be checked out from a staff member at the Check-out Desk.
- A valid San Anselmo Public Library card with current address and no outstanding fines above $10.00 is required to borrow a Roku device.
- Borrowers must be 18 years old or older.
- Borrowers must read, understand, and sign this Agreement at the Check-out desk in the presence of a library staff member every time (s)he checks out a Roku device.
Limitations and Availability
- Roku devices are available on a first-come basis.
- A Roku device may be borrowed for 7 days.
- There are no renewals for Roku devices.
- Roku devices are preloaded with selected accounts and content, in accordance with library collection policies. Borrowers may not download or delete any titles, accounts, or content from the Roku device. The library is not responsible for any costs incurred while borrowers use the equipment. The library may clear stored data from the device after it’s returned and is not responsible for personal information left on the device. Please note that a Wi-Fi connection is required to use a Roku device. Since the Roku device streams content through the internet, it will not function if not connected to the internet. The Roku device includes an instruction booklet detailing how to connect to Wi-Fi and how to operate the Roku device.
Fines and Liability
- It is the borrower’s responsibility to protect against loss of the Roku device or any part of it.
- The borrower is solely responsible for the Roku device and will be billed for reasonable repair or replacement costs associated with damage or loss of the Roku device and/or peripherals due to neglect or abuse.
- A list of the replacement costs of the Roku device is maintained by the Library and is available upon request.
- San Anselmo Public Library is not responsible for the loss of any data while using this equipment.
- A $50 fee will be assessed if returned to another library.
Proper Care and Use
- Use care and follow all instructions and warnings when using the Roku device.
- Return the Roku device with all parts and components to the Check-out desk inside the San Anselmo Public Library. Do not return in any book drop or at any other library.