- Town Council
- Steve Burdo, Mayor
Steve Burdo, Mayor
Town of San Anselmo
525 San Anselmo Ave
San Anselmo, CA 94960
2023 Committee Appointments
||ABAG General Assembly
|Memorial Park CAC
||Central Marin Police Authority
|Racial Equity Committee
||Flood Control District Zone 9
|Reimagine Creek Park CAC (alternate)
||League of California Cities, North Bay
MCCMC Disaster Preparedness Committee
MCCMC Homeless Committee
|Marin Emergency Radio Authority (MERA)
|Marin Wildlife Prevention Agency
|Ross Valley Fire Board
|Ross Valley Yellow Bus JEPA
Steve Burdo was sworn in as a San Anselmo Councilmember in 2019 and re-elected in 2022. He is the 2023 Mayor for San Anselmo.
Steve enjoys bringing people together to implement and lead projects that reflect our small town character. He is credited with leading the efforts to approve the recent upgrades at Memorial Park, ensuring the park’s usage for future generations while improving our Town’s water resiliency. He brings more than a decade of service to San Anselmo and over 20 years of experience in public policy, local government, and communications.
Believing that public service and volunteerism are essential to a thriving community, Steve has spent over a decade serving San Anselmo in the following capacities:
- San Anselmo Town Councilmember and current Mayor (2019-present)
- Director, Ross Valley Fire Department Board of Directors (2019-present)
- Director, Marin Wildfire Prevention Authority Board of Directors (2020-present)
- Director, Marin Emergency Radio Authority (2020-present)
- San Anselmo Parks & Recreation Commissioner (2012-2019, Chair in 2015, 2017)
- San Anselmo Community Facilities Master Plan Advisory Committee (2014-2015)
- Memorial Park Skate Park Steering Committee (2015)
- Memorial Park Master Plan Advisory Board (2016-2019)
As a Public Safety Communications Officer by day, Steve has applied his experience in emergency preparedness and prevention in his roles on the the Ross Valley Fire Department Board of Directors and the Marin Wildfire Prevention Authority to help keep San Anselmo safe and resilient.
As someone who values environmental stewardship, Steve has prioritized and supported policies to enhance our Town’s efforts to combat climate change and reduce our Town’s carbon footprint.
He is extremely proud of the success our community has achieved by working together to make San Anselmo one of the most vibrant places to live in Marin County.
If you would like to contact Steve, please email him at email@example.com