News Flash

Home

Posted on: May 3, 2021

Financial Assistance for Residential Renters

On February 1, 2021, the State of California passed SB 91, a statewide law that does two things:

  1. Extends the eviction moratorium until June 30, 2021
  2. Establishes that tenants can apply to receive 80% of their back rent from April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021. If a landlord accepts 80% of their tenants’ back rent, they must forgive the remaining 20%. If a landlord does not accept, the maximum assistance allowable is 25% of back rent during this time period. Depending on funding availability, it may be possible for applicants to also receive 25% of rent due for April, May and June 2021.

Local Community Organizations and Resources


This program is a partnership between the County of Marin and local community-based organizations, including Adopt A Family, Canal Alliance, Community Action Marin, North Marin Community Services, Ritter Center, St. Vincent de Paul Society, West Marin Community Services and Women Helping All People. 


Questions?

Please email RentalAssistance@MarinCounty.org, or call (415) 473-2223. Requests for disability accommodations may be made by phoning (415) 473-2223 (Voice), CA Relay 711 or by e-mail at RentalAssistance@MarinCounty.org. Please do not call the line more than once, as it slows down the process.  Staff will be available to assist applicants who do not have access to a computer or smart phone, or need additional assistance.

Facebook Twitter Email