We have been successfully offering curbside services for the past week, helping patrons by phone, email, and text. Our most frequently asked question lately is "How does curbside work?" Here are the nuts and bolts:
- You have placed a computer hold on an item and you received an email that it is ready to pick up OR you contacted us to get books/DVDs.
- Call us at 415-258-4656 or text 415-855-1597 to schedule an appointment to pick up your items..
- The current Library Curbside schedule is Mondays and Wednesdays from 10am-2pm and Tuesdays from 2-6pm. Appointments are in 15-minute increments.
- We will identify a time slot closest to your request. Once we establish your pick up time, your item(s) will be checked out to you on the day of your appointment, put into a paper bag with your last name on it, and then placed on the curbside table located on the lawn next to the library at the scheduled time.
- You will have 15 minutes to pick up your item(s). If the bag is still on the table at the end of your appointment, we will take the item(s) back into the library and you will need to contact us to reschedule your appointment.
Another frequently asked question is "May I return books/DVDs?" The answer is YES! We are accepting these now. You may return items to either of our book drops -- either our drive-by book drop on Library Place or the walk-up book drop by the curbside table. The book drops are open starting at 9am on Mondays and closing at 5pm on Wednesdays. All items are immediately quarantined for 72 hours prior to being checked in. Remember: overdue fees will be waived on these items.