1. Site Plan showing existing building footprint and the location of new/reconstructed deck/porch/stair with distances to property lines. The site plan shall also contain project information [i.e., title block, project address, owner’s information, scope of work statement).
2. Framing Plan showing size, spacing and span of floor joists and supporting beams/ girders.
3. Foundation Plan showing location, size and depth of supporting individual footings/ piers. Foundation and framing plans can be combined if clarity is maintained.
4. Construction Sections/Details of footings/piers, framing, connections, floor transitions, stairs, guardrails and handrails. Materials used must be provided.
5. If the structure is not designed per the California Residential Code, an engineer’s structural calculations are required.
6. If the structure is in the WUI, the walking surface material of decks, porches, balconies and stairs shall be Ignition-resistant material, Non-combustible material, or Materials passing performance requirements of SFM Standard 12-7A-4A.